Friday, May 22, 2015

AND WE'RE BACK! News news news!

Hello blog readers! sorry for the extended absence, things have been HAPPENING around here! I took an extended break, since three big things have happened in the last three months... first off, we moved- it was unexpected and not without some heartbreak, but we love love love our new home and the full all day sun we get here! Second, as you might deduce from the photo above... WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!! The universe finally decided to make our dreams come true, after three years of not- so- patiently waiting for it to happen. I have been feeling really good, have had some really mild morning sickness here and there, and am a little extra tired (I mean, making a human is hard work) but otherwise I am feeling happy and excited and not stressed at all, which is great- just reveling in the joy of it all. More on this later. Thirdly (I know, that's already a lot of great news) we just got home from spending three weeks in Australia! My bestie/sister from another mister got married on May 2nd, and we went down under for her wedding and to spend time with her and her family, and mucked around the southern coast of Australia for three weeks. It was a magical trip, made more magic by the fact that the three of us went- we joked the whole time that this baby will be a world traveler! This photo was taken on the last day of our trip, May 17th, at Pt. Addis, near Torquay Australia, where we were staying. Needless to say, it has been a full three months!

I will try not to overwhelm you with pregnancy/baby related posts in the next coming months, but I must warn you- I am so excited about this baby, there will probably be mostly baby related stuff on the blog in the near future. Most of you know, as I have always been candid about it, that Jared and I have been trying for a baby for three years (almost to the day), so this is a dream come true. I have worked so hard on my health, and have been feeling so good- mentally and physically strong and healthy- so I feel confident that this pregnancy is going to go smoothly and happily. As I write this, I am nearing 11 weeks. We had an early ultrasound before we left for the trip (my doc just wanted to check on stuff before such a big flight) and we saw the baby's heart beat pounding furiously away- it was the most magical thing I have experienced in my life to date. Doc said everything looked great, healthy, normal, low risk, happy. Yay! We go in for our next check up in 2 weeks, am looking forward to the baby looking more like a human and less like blob (lol).

So stay tuned, and hopefully you will keep reading about our journey into this new phase of our lives. Cheers to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment