Wednesday, August 5, 2015

a nourishing pregnancy tonic and a baby update!

Okay, I don't normally put photos up of myself on the blog, but I just love this photo so much and had to share the bump with you guys! We are 22 weeks into this pregnancy, and I am feeling so good, so blessed, and loving every second of it! My birthday was on July 27th, and we happened to have our 20 week ultrasound scheduled that day... most of you know, usually the 20 week ultrasound is the big gender reveal ultrasound. Needless to say, it was a fantastic birthday surprise to find out... that we are having... a baby GIRL!!!!!!! It was such an amazing moment for us, with so much excitement and many happy tears. Baby girl is doing great, she even flexed her little arms for us during the ultrasound to show us how strong she is! Doctor said she looks perfect- all her organs are normal, her arms and legs and 10 fingers and 10 toes are normal, everything is perfect and healthy. I have been feeling really good, no complaints at all, and she has been kicking and moving up a storm, which I absolutely love. She is even starting to do big kicks that Jared can feel when his hand is resting on my belly, which is really exciting. I have been making sure to get extra rest when I need it, which is a must when you are helping create a human, but I feel healthy and strong and happy. We took baby girl to Big Sur the day after my b-day, to introduce her to one of our favorite places, and Jared took some beautiful pregnancy shots of me (including the one above, which was taken at the top of Palo Colorado looking out towards Pico Blanco- it was about 100 degrees and smelled so heavily of sage, it was gorgeous), and we had a great day introducing our little girl to the smells and sounds of Big Sur. We are working on getting her nursery ready, and Jared is working hard on a hand made crib for his little girl, which, knowing his amazing wood working skills, will be beautiful. Everything is so exciting and happy, we are basking in it and enjoying the summer sun and all the fresh yummy summer fruits and veggies, loading this belly with all things healthy and yummy!

One thing I have been incorporating into my (almost) daily routine is drinking a cup of nettle tea. Nettle tea is a great plant source of calcium, magnesium, b-vitamins and iron, which are all hugely important when you are carrying and caring for a baby. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which help mama to stay healthy while doing the immense job of providing for the baby inside her. Nettle also gently helps sweep metabolic waste from the blood, which helps keeps it from going to baby. It has a nice green grassy flavor, and I really love it with a little bit of raw local wildflower honey. (Also, nettle helps with seasonal allergies as well, so if you are sneezing and have a runny nose from allergies, try incorporating nettle tea into your daily life.) Nettle tea is one way of supporting myself and my baby through this normal, natural process of pregnancy and childbirth.

I hope you are all enjoying the tail end of summer, soaking up the sun (vitamin D!) and eating all the yummy fruits and veggies that summer has to offer. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment